Thursday, September 10, 2009

From Farm to Village

Psalm 33:22
"Let Thy mercy be upon me, O Lord, according as I hope in Thee."


My transition from the farm to our rental house in Talent has been difficult for me to accept, but in the end I did accept it and chose to trust in God for the grace to make a change I did not want to make. I can honestly say, I am glad to be living in Talent, once again. In fact, I love living where I am. Even though my home is not the picturesque cottage I would like it to be and there are many improvements that need to be made, I find joy in the many blessings I have received since moving here. Here is a partial list:
I have a neighbor (my son) from whom I can borrow anything.
I can walk to the store,
the post office,
the library,
Wal-Mart,
the dentist,
my nurse practitioner,
the pharmacy,
my mother's house,
Sunday worship service,
and my friend Chloe's house.
I can catch the bus to work.
I can ride my bicycle home from work.
I don't have to carry the laundry up or down stairs.
I will be babysitting Dan Horton's children on Saturday, next best thing to being a Grandparent.
I can attend the Friday Market in Talent where I can buy fresh farm produce from local gardeners.
I have a new black kitten.
Neighborhood children stop by to visit.
I don't have any grass to mow,
so my week-ends are free for doing other things like taking a trip to Springfield.

I thank God for his bountiful mercies and continue to put my trust and hope in him.

1 comment: