Sunday, November 29, 2009

Finding my lost puppy

Toby has been getting out of the yard lately but I kept patching hole and I thought the fence was secure when we left for Thanksgiving dinner at my moms on Thursday.  San went home while I stayed to play a game of Scrabble with the family.  San called to tell me Toby was missing.  After spending a miserable night worrying about him, and posting signs around the neighborhood the next morning, and calling animal control, a man called to say he had found a little black dachshund the night before on Rapp Road.  He thought he had been hit by a car because his eye, nose and mouth were bleeding.  He brought him back that afternoon.  Toby seems to be all right though a little more subdued than normal.  I hope Toby has learned a lesson and will be content to stay home from now on.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! mom, the fence needs to be more secure. he is going to get hit. Maybe you need to tie the little guy up.

    ReplyDelete